petek, 16. december 2016

CLIO Kill Black Waterproof Brush Eye Liner

I was browsing online when I came across a review that compared CLIO Kill Black Brush Liner with Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner (which has been on my wishlist of product I've been wanting to try) as dupes, so I opted for this one instead. Korean brand CLIO makes a variety of makeup items, but I feel like they are most well known for different types of eyeliners and brow products.

CLIO Kill Black Waterproof Brush Liner is housed in a black pen and has fine brush bristles that are pointed into a very fine tip at the end. The brush tip holds its shape well, without feathering. The tip with bristles is flexible and perfectly sized for drawing fine, thin and precise lines and wings. It does require a bit more care and effort along with a still hand, than using an eyeliner with a felt tip. The shade is a nicely pigmented true black and the color is usually opaque on the lids with one swipe.
The cap of the liner clicks when you shut the lid and stays closed. I've been storing mine upside down since I got it and it still works very well, several months later (I don't use it everyday though). I used it over a glittery shade this week and this seems to have ruin the pigmentation a bit, so now I have to go through the line twice for opaque pigmentation. I never have any issues with it smudging, flaking or disappearing from my lids and the wings last well even if I wear the liner all day (12+ hours), but it also removes easily with a cleansing oil or balm.
My liner also came with a small bottle of waterproof eye makeup remover, which easily removes all makeup applied to the lids, but requires more time to remove all traces of mascara and has a tendency to leave my eyes a bit foggy.
Close up of the brush tip:
Tip comparisons with liners I also swatched below:
CLIO Kill Black Waterproof Brush Eyeliner applied to the eyes:
Comparison swatches:
The two photos below the swatches feature a test after I put my arm under running water and rubbed the swatches to see how water resistant & smudge proof they are, while the last photo features the same photo with me rubbing some cleansing balm over the swatches - after wiping the residue off there was still a slight stain left behind CLIO's liner.
You can see that the CLIO Kill Black Waterproof Brush Eyeliner performs the best, but I have to point out that my Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Black has officially dried out and would probably perform better if I had a new one. The Topshop Magic Liner in Engraved meanwhile looks the blackest on the swatches, but its tip is actually dry and doesn't perform well at all on the eyes.
Considering CLIO Kill Black Waterproof Brush Eye Liner's great pigmentation, fine tip for drawing precise lines and wings I would really recommend this eyeliner to everyone, even those challenged with drawing even lines (like myself). I find the price reasonable and will most likely repurchase it once it dries (either in black or brown shade).

5 komentarjev:

  1. Trenutno moj najljubši <3 :) Tudi pripravljam oceno z rjavim in še felt tip aplikatorjem, vse od Clioja. Črna brush verzija mie je najbolj všeč. Res mi je všeč kako natančna je konica. Rjav odtenek je čudovit, ampak ni niti približno tako pigmnetiran kot črn. Mogoče je to celo mišljeno tako.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Razmišljam, da naslednjič naročim rjavega, za bolj naraven videz. Bom počakala še na tvojo oceno :)

      Izbriši
  2. Zelo me mika, ker ga obe s Petro tako hvalita :) Stilin me je pa razočaral, sploh konica mi ne paše, ker je preveč fleksibilna, poleg tega se je pa prehitro posušil v primerjavi s cenejšim Superstar od L'Oreala. Omenjaš, da je konica fleksibilna - manj kot od Stile? Tvoja črta z njim mi izgleda popolna :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Konici sta pri obeh precej fleksibilni, ampak je pri Clio krajši aplikator, tako da se vseeno lažje uporablja po mojem :) Mislim, da bi ti bil všeč, sploh tale z brush aplikatorjem, ki je super natančen :)

      Izbriši
    2. Sodeč po slikah me spominja na aplikator od tistega panda eyelinerja, ki sem ga imela včasih in tisti mi je bil še najbolj všeč :)

      Izbriši