sobota, 12. november 2016

Empty Products #22 (Travel Edition)

Today I'll be sharing some empties I've managed to use up while travelling for the last three months. When I was packing I mainly focused on taking with me smaller travel-sized items, but also took with me half-used full sized products which I assumed would get used up in this time.
L'Occitane Jasmin Immortelle Neroli Shower Gel - this shower gel was released last year as part of their holiday collection and I wish it could still be available. It had a lovely texture and scent. I've also used the body lotion from the same line in the past and already used it up. I would repurchase if it was still available.
Nuxe Body Fondant Shower Gel - this is one of my favourite shower gels and after using up a number of samples I finally splurged on the full size. The smell is delicious and the creamy lather leaves the skin subtly scented and feeling really soft. I will repurchase.
Kerastase Strengthening Shampoo - I really enjoyed using this hair shampoo and felt like it made a difference in my hair's softness and preventing further damage of the ends. It cleans the hair well without stripping it and doesn't leave it too tangly. I've used it in the past and will probably repurchase. 
John Frieda Beach Blonde Cool Dip Purifying Shampoo - I've used up a full size of this in the past and find it to be an excellent shampoo for the summer. It has a refreshing scent, cleans the hair well and adds some volume. I might repurchase.
First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser - I've used up a couple of these cleansers in the past and really like coming back to it. It has a lovely creamy texture and never feels like it strips the skin or make it dry. It also removes make-up well, but I prefer it as a skin cleanser. I've actually used up two of these (see another below) and have stocked up on more. 
L'Occitane Immortele Makeup Remover Oil - this is an excellent cleansing oil, although I am not the biggest fan of the scent. It removes make-up very well and when you add water it gets a creamy milky consistency which I wipe off with a cleansing cloth, so I don't have any residue on the skin. When I first tried it, I liked this one and the Shea Butter almost equally, but after using up I much prefer this version and will repurchase. 
Jason Apricot Scrubble - I really liked the scent and texture of this scrub. The gritty parts inside were medium sized so not super gentle and it made the skin feel really smooth after using. I probably won't repurchase.
Sulwhasoo Concentrated Renewing Eye Mask with Ginseng (4x sample)– before I purchased these samples I've read reviews claiming this is one of the best eye creams on the market, but so far I'm still not that much impressed. I haven't noticed any brightening and under eye concealer tended to crease when I used it. I have more sachets to use and will report back if my opinion happens to change.
Ole Henriksen The Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths - I used this as a convenient way to remove make-up when travelling. I always used a cleanser after, but still felt like they removed the make-up well (even on the eyes), without irritating the skin or eyes. They had a bit of an brightening effect on the skin and I noticed the skin was more even-toned the next morning. Would repurchase.
GlamGlow Brightening Eye Treatment - this eye treatment seemed pretty useless to me and I haven't noticed any firming or brightening effects from it. The amount of product in each pod was enough for four uses on both eyes. I wouldn't repurchase.
First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads - I've used these in the past and couldn't decide if I liked them enough to repurchase the whole pot of pads, but this travel convenient packaging of 10 pads convinced me I should give them another shot. They are quite gentle on the skin (I don't feel any burning or dryness or notice redness) and help smooth and brighten the skin. I use them every 2nd or 3rd day and have used up two packets so far and already repurchased more.
Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil (Rosehip Oil) - this was a replacement for the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Usage Dry Oil I was using in the past and found it to be great at hydrating the skin, speeding up the recovery and healing of blemishes and brightening. I've considered repurchasing but settled on a different brand of Rosehip oil, because of the ridiculous price difference between the two.
Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream - this is a lovely gel product I use to seal-in all other skincare products in the night time. It's light enough to use in the hot summery weather but also delivers enough benefits to be used in the colder months. I've already repurchased and consider it a HG skincare item.
Etude House I Need You Honey! Sheet Mask – I really enjoyed using this mask and it reminded me of the hyaluronic acid version from the same line. The serum was thicker and milky, the material of the mask was soft and there was plenty of product left inside which I used up after removing the mask. These mask were recently repackaged and I've already bought a couple to try – I just hope they haven't messed with the ingredients.
Korean Ginseng Mask – I'm so sad they've reformulated their line of sheet masks because this is one of my favourites yet. The serum-y essence is thicker and milky and felt nourishing and refreshing on the skin. The mask was well saturated with product and there was still enough product left inside the package for me to massage into the skin after I removed the sheet mask and also use the next morning. The scent was quite pleasant also.
Nuxe Precious Scented Shower Oil - I've used up a full size of this in the past and liked it, but not enough to repurchase it. I much prefer their shower gel mentioned above.
L'Occitane Neroli & Orchidee Body Milk - this product had a quite thin consistency that still felt nicely moisturizing on the skin and the scent stayed on the skin for a couple of hours without feeling overpowering. I enjoyed the fragrance even though I'm not the biggest fan of floral scents.
Nuxe High Nutrition Lotion for Sensitive Skin - this product was quite thick but spread on the skin well, without being greasy. I also liked the scent. My skin usually isn't dry enough to use something like this (except in the winter time on my legs), so I probably won't go for the full size.
Caudalie Nourishing Body Lotion - this had a nice thin consistency and refreshing grape scent. The smallest amount was enough for my skin to get enough moisture and softness. I might look into buying the full size.
L'Occitane Almond Milk Concentrate (6x sample) - I was saving these from purchases, because it's my favourite body care product. The scent is lovely and light consistency still leaves the skin softened and nourished. I've already purchased the full size.
L'Occitane Ultra Rich Body Cream - this was my first time trying this product and I was surprised that the thicker consistency didn't feel heavy or left a greasy feel on the skin. A small amount went a long way, so this is one product worth considering because it would last a long time. The scent was the lovely classic clean Shea Butter scent that L'Occitane has across their whole line.
Melvita L'Or Bio* - I was using this dry oil mainly on my body, although I've also tried it on my face and hair. It had a thicker consistency that the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Usage Dry Oil I've used it the past and took longer to sink in completely. I liked the pump applicator and the scent was a mix of Monoi vanilla (sweet with a hint of bubble gum) and something else I can't put my finger on. It left the skin incredibly smooth and soft, but I wished the scent would liner on for longer. I would consider repurchasing.
Nuxe Reve de Miel Face and Body Ultra Rich Cleansing Gel - I used this as a shower gel and it was one of the most nourishing and rich shower gels, especially considering the gel texture. I never felt the need to use a body lotion after showering with it. I might repurchase.
L'Occitane Body & Strength Hair Shampoo (3x sample) - another line of L'Occitane hair products I wasn't a major fan of. It cleansed the hair well, but left it quite tangly with dry ends. Wouldn't repurchase.
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo (3x sample) - I was surprised by how much I enjoyed using this shampoo. It cleansed the hair well, without making it feel stripped, dry or tangly and it felt smoother than usually. My hair also doesn't get oily as fast as it would usually get, which is a major plus. The scent is very nice, fresh and fruity but not overwhelming, but dissappears from the hair by the second day. I also appreciated the fact that there was enough product inside to wash the hair twice. I'm considering buying the full size after I use up the rest of my samples from them.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe - I finally finished this brow pencil and the spoolie part broke off on the last day, so there's a part of it missing. I loved the formula and undertone, which was a perfect match for my brows. The tip of the pencil is thin and great for adding precise strokes to the brows. I consedered repurchasing, but decided to try their Brow Definer instead (which I'm liking a lot).
GianFranco Ferré In the Mood for Love Pure EDT – this was a total surprise at first spritz. I should have saved it for spring or summer, because it was a lovely mix of fruity and sweet with a slight powdery base, including notes of bergamot, peach, apple, cherry blossom, jasmine, musk and some woody notes. Not a super memorable fragrance, but still very feminine, airy, soothing and quite fresh. I won't buy the full size. 
Elizabeth Arden Green Tea EDT – I used to use the body cream with honey drops from the same line and loved it for the refreshing green fragrance so I wanted to try a sample of the fragrance as well. As an EDT it was quite poorly lasting on me, so I used up the sample unusually fast. The scent itself was a green citrusy mix, with notes of green tea, lemon and mint with a musky and slightly floral base of jasmin, cloves and amber. Won't repurchase, but might try the body cream again. 
Diptyque Eau Duelle EDT - this has quickly become my favourite scent and I cherished every last drop of it. The scent is an incredibly seductive spicy vanilla mix, perfect for fall and winter. I'm trying to resist buying the full size, because I should downsize my scent collection first.
L'Occitane Peony Hand Cream - a standard scented hand cream from L'Occitane. I liked the fresh floral scent, the light texture and the small size was perfect for use on the go.
Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist – I was saving this sample for a while and used it on the plane. It's miles away from the Caudalie Beauty Elixir and makes the skin after spraying incredibly smooth and even-toned. There was only enough product for about 3-4 uses, which wasn't exactly enough to convince me to buy the full size, but I'm glad I got to try it, because I've been hearing a lot of hype around it. 
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara - I was surprised by how much I liked this mascara, because I've never really liked any mascaras from them in the past. It gives a similar effect to the lashes like the Roller Lash from Benefit, for less than half the price. I was only dissapointed that it dried out in about 8 weeks. I've already repurchased it.
Dior Hypnotic Poison EDT - perfect for anyone who loves vanilla scents. I've had samples of it before, but never decide to purchase it, because it doesn't seem unique enough to me.
Diptyque Tam Dao EDT - another love at first smell. This one is a mix of vanilla with a woody sandalwood and cypress base. I'm also considering buying the full size.
Weleda Skin Food - this is a must have all-around cream for dry skin. I mainly use it as a hand cream at night, because it tends to leave a greasy residue, but can also be used on other parts of the body, like lips or any dry patches. I love the herbal scent. I will repurchase.
Kerastase Lait Vital Wash-out Conditioner - I've had this conditioner for what it seems like forever. I only use a small amount each time, because othervise it tended to weigh down my hair and make it oily sooner that I wanted. I won't repurchase.

Have you used any of the mentioned products before?

*PR Sample

6 komentarjev:

  1. L'Occitane Jasmin Immortelle Neroli losjon imam dvakrat rabljen v eni omarici. Če želiš ti ga dam, ker ga ne rabim in je škoda da samo tam leži (mi lepo diši, ampak imam raje body butterje pa potem samo take stvari uporabljam).

    First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads sem resno razmišljala če naj vzamem, pa se mi je zdelo da ne bo kaj dosti učinka na meni. Imam trenutno Reviva Lab 5% glikolno kislino, pa kakšnega posebnega napredka ne vidim.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala za ponudbo. Lahko narediva menjavo L'Occitanov losijon za en paketek First Aid Beauty blazinic, ker imam še en neodprt paketek, če losijona res nimaš namena porabiti. :) Konec tega tedna pridem nazaj domov, pa se lahko zmenive preko maila :)

      Izbriši
    2. Sem ti ga mislila samo podarit, ampak lahko tudi tako narediva :). Pošlji mi mejl ko prideš domov :)

      Izbriši
  2. Weleda Skin Food je na moji wish listi. :) Pred kratkim sem prvič preizkusila korejske sheet maske in me je Innisfree navdušil, tako da zdaj iščem ideje za nove. Te od Etude House se berejo zanimivo, sploh Honey verzija. Imaš kakšna priporočila korejskih mask?
    Maybelline je zadel s to maskaro. Se mi zdi, da so še vsi navdušeni, ki so jo preizkusili :). Hypnotic Poison je meni precej všeč, čeprav me zadnje čase odbija to, da ga že res vsi nosijo :D.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Weleda Skin Food se splača kupiti, sploh sedaj pozimi, imajo tudi manjšo potovalno velikost ponavadi na voljo, ki jo lahko preizkusiš. Glede Korejskih mask vedno objavim v empties postih, kako mi je bila katera všeč. Innisfree (vsaj njihova najcenejša osnovna linija) mi je ok, ampak so mi Etude House boljše, nisem pa še stestirala prenovljenih verzij. Razmišljam o objavi s fokusom na korejskih izdelkih za nego kože, pa bom do takrat mogoče še kaj novega odkrila :)
      Maybelline maskara je res odlična, ampak sem bila presenečena kako hitro se mi je posušila.

      Izbriši
  3. I'd never liked any Maybelline mascaras either but the Lash Sensational formula really surprised me, it's become one of my favourites now.

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    OdgovoriIzbriši