četrtek, 19. marec 2015

Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadows Review & Swatches (04 Golden Chocolate, 05 Rosy Brown & 06 Golden Brown)

Last week when I posted a review for the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks I forgot to mention how similar they really are to another product in my collection - the Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadows. I purchased both around the same time, back in December, and have been using both in different variations since.

Both products come in a similar packaging - Kiko Stick Eyeshadows come in a plastic matte black pencil shape, while Laura Mercier's is dark brown and shiny. There are 10 shades available for Caviar Sticks, while Kiko's Stick Eyeshadows come in a range of over 30 colors. Full sized
products both contain the same amount of product (1, 64 g/0.05 oz) and each cost 6,9 € for Kiko vs. 28 € for Laura Mercier.
Both have a similar texture, but I find Kiko's formula a little bit drier, but still creamy and easy to work with and blend. The colors are buildable and can be worn as a wash of color all over the lid, or as a base for other powder eyeshadows. I find that areas set with powder stay on the lids without losing their intensity or creasing for 12 + hours, which is impressive to say the least. Without a primer I notice creasing after wearing them between 6-7 hours, with a base they stay on my lids the entire day, so their lasting power is very comparable to that of Laura Mercier's.
As a lover of neutral eyeshadows I chose three shades I knew wouldn't leave me disappointed.
Swatches:
04 Golden Chocolate: medium/dark brown with golden shimmer
05 Rosy Brown: shimmery mauve purple
06 Golden Brown: medium golden brown with shimmer
I find that creamy eyeshadows have definitely become one of favourite eyeshadow formulas so I've included some other (similar) swatches and comparisons in different lightening below.
L-R:
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color Amethyst
Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow 05 Rosy Brown
Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow 06 Golden Brown
Kiko Color-up Long Lasting Eyeshadow 24 Majestic Dove-Grey
Maybelline Color Tattoo On and On Bronze
Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow 04 Golden Chocolate
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color Cocoa
One thing I noticed when swatching these was the fact that Kiko's 05 Rosy Brown and Ametyst by Laura Mercier looked suspiciously similar. On the swatches it appears that Rosy Brown is not as pigmented as Ametyst but the difference is barely noticeable once you apply either (or both) to the eyes.

Kiko's Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadows are an effortless product that can be used in a variety of ways on the eyes. Their wear time is amazing and I'm really happy with all three shades I have so far. I really wish there were more Kiko stores around so I could check out more colors (and their other products) in person. They are also available online.
Let me know in the comments if you have any other colors that I should also try out!

7 komentarjev:

  1. Wow they're beautiful... They seem like a nice dupe for the By Terry eyeshadow sticks.

    Samantha Series

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I haven't tried the By Terry ones yet, but these are very similar to Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks, only a lot more affordable.

      Izbriši
  2. Jaz imam zaenkrat samo 05 odtenek in mi je super. Vedno ko imam priložnost obiskat KIKO pozabim kupit še kakšen odtenek, ker me druge stvari premamijo :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. 05 in 06 sta tudi meni najljubša. Upam, da mi kmalu uspe obiskati njihovo trgovino, ker bi med ostalimi 30 odtenki sigurno našla še kakšnega všečnega :) (+ še kak drug izdelek verjetno)

      Izbriši
  3. O zdaj pri tebi vidm, da je On and on bronze dosti drugačen od Kiko 06. Jaz sem pa ravno zato vzela odtenek 38, ker nisem hotela imet dupov :) Super objava :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Po mojem se dovolj razlikujeta, da se splača imeti oba. Me zanima kako ti bo všeč odtenek 38, ker mi je formula vseh treh super in bi z veseljem še kakšnega dodala v zbirko :)

      Izbriši
  4. Thanks for the review! I've heard about Kiko but it's not available where I live. My favourite shade is 05 Rosy Brown! ❤
    munchies&musings

    OdgovoriIzbriši